Log in or Register for enhanced features | Forgotten Password?
White Papers | Suppliers | Events | Report Store | Companies | Dining Club | Videos
Green Power
Wind
Return to: CTBR Home | Green Power | Wind

Boskalis subsidiary VBMS to supply inter array cables for 950MW Moray offshore windfarm

CTBR Staff Writer Published 27 October 2017

Royal Boskalis Westminster subsidiary VBMS has been selected as the preferred bidder for the 950MW Moray offshore windfarm in the UK.

Boskalis has signed a preferred bidder agreement with Moray Offshore Windfarm (East) to supply and install inter array cables at the offshore wind project.

The scope of the deal includes the supply, installation, burial termination and testing of 100 66kV inter array cables.

Subject to financial close, the contract is expected to take place in the second half of 2018.

Moray East project director Oscar Diaz said: “This announcement marks another major milestone for Moray East.   Advances in technology have enabled us to develop a project capable of delivering power at less than half the cost of similar projects being delivered today. 

“Co-operation with our supply chain has been vital to deliver cost reductions through optimising technology such as this vital aspect of the project, and we look forward to working with VBMS through project delivery.”

Moray Offshore Windfarm East is a joint venture of EDP Renewables and Engie. EDP owns 77% stake in Moray wind project, while Engie holds the remaining 23% interest in the project.

In September, EDP and Engie have secured a 15-year Contract for Difference (CfD) for the 950MW offshore wind project.

Located off the north-east coast of Scotland, the Moray Offshore Windfarm will feature about 100 wind turbines.

Currently, the project is in the development phase, with EDP and Engie in the process of selecting partners and suppliers for various construction and operation stages.